Title: UI/Visual Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
NorthStar is looking to hire a UI/Visual Designer. In this role you will work on a team that helps support and solve our clients complex business issues.
As a NorthStar employee you will receive a competitive base salary, health benefits, 401(k), incentives, and more. You will be part of a dynamic, growing team with the opportunity to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 clients. Our employees work on a full spectrum of client engagements including consulting, implementation/ integration, operations support, and staff augmentation.
The UI/Visual Designer will have a hands-on role in the design of business customer-facing products and services. Help shape product benefits around user needs to create engaging and intuitive user interfaces with sales driven results. As part of day-to-day, you will collaborate with team Creative Directors as well as sales, marketing, brand and engineering leads. You will help drive the delivery of digital applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics.
Candidate’s portfolio must contain recent mobile and web-based products to be considered. The successful candidate thrives in a fast paced, agile environment where strict attention to detail is applied to multiple projects running in parallel. Candidate has the opportunity to forge new paths and define best practices in voice-forward experiences. Specifically, drawn to the prospect of designing conversational interfaces using machine learning and artificial intelligence to elevate the way people experience the world, starting with (and expanding beyond) entertainment. A fearless and flexible professional with a passion for defining, validating, and shaping the direction of features and products. Acting as a tactical change agent within our organization, this person will be charged with working with different teams to achieve short-term goals while maintaining focus on how the big picture is evolving.
- Take responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience.
- Create pixel-perfect, world-class user interfaces and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and usability testing, and test UI in a rigorous, data-driven way.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design disciplines and principles.
- Have a broad experience and a deep understanding of users to recommend UI features that solve customer needs.
- Write intuitive style guides and design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
- Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail. Qualifications:
- A portfolio that showcases several recent e-commerce designs is required for consideration. Mobile site/mobile phone and/or tablet apps designs a plus
- Minimum 8+ years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
- Experience leading development of comprehensive and versatile digital design systems.
- Significant experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
- Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform web/mobile usability standards and UI specifications.
- Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
- Skilled in taking a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
- Proven ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel paths.
- Ability to collaborate with copywriters and business stakeholders for successful marketing related launches
- 7-10+ years of professional experience as an IA /UX Strategist.
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of speech, language, and machine learning technologies.
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Experience working on projects from inception to shipping product.
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management.
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer products.
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Ability to prototype experiences with readily available tools.
- Experience with agile/scrum.
- Experience designing mobile, web, and/or TV applications.
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business.
- The ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- Experience in human-computer interaction design in voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
- Professional portfolio of voice design.
- Background in script writing or creative writing.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screens are required for this position.