Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Philadelphia, PA
As a NorthStar employee, you will receive a competitive base salary, health benefits, 401(k), incentives, and more. You will be part of a dynamic, growing team with the opportunity to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 clients. Our employees work on a full spectrum of client engagements including consulting, implementation/ integration, operations support, and staff augmentation.
NorthStar is looking for strategic, talented and seasoned Business Intelligence Analysts / Data Analytics Consultants who can help deliver our BI solutions to our clients. Ideal candidates will be experts in the fields of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics and enjoy using data and analytics to solve complex problems.
We are searching for a Data Analytics Consultant to help with the team’s analytics, business intelligence and executive reporting efforts. This individual will be expected to deliver data interpretations and recommendations to stakeholders at various levels. A talented analytics expert to help drive and understand the underlying causes and interrelationships of the company’s strategic efforts. This resource will help the team to provide data-driven answers to complex strategic challenges. The scope of such challenges potentially spans all businesses and functional areas within the organization. The Data Analytics Consultant will be responsible for data acquisition, analysis and generating insights from hypothesis formation through presentation.
Formulating hypotheses for designing and testing analytical experiments to identify underlying areas of opportunity:
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Measures effectiveness of improvements through deep analysis of data on performance metrics striving for cost effective high quality improvements.
- Leverage new data and/or experiment results to extend analytic frameworks/algorithms.
- Setup, model and conduct analyses using various analytical tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, SAS, R, Tableau) through determination of appropriate analytic approach (sample data analysis, trending, regression, etc.).
Distilling and presenting analytic results to a non-technical audience:
- Clearly messages analytical findings and helping drive change in the business by uncovering recommended actions through application of findings and insights
- Acts as strategic advisor to business leaders through role as analytics subject matter expert
- Outline analytical process and results so the business can understand all relevant steps taken from hypothesis to conclusion.
- Engage directly with all levels of business via in-depth deep dives and trainings up to creation and delivery of executive level presentations.
Business Requirements Intake:
- Translates complex strategic challenges into relevant analytical frameworks
- Develops business requirements, assesses current analytical capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the team is asking probing questions to surface implicit assumptions by the business, understand business intent and how the end-results will benefit the company.
Acquiring, enriching and structuring new and existing data:
- Identify relevant data sources from data warehouses, application logs, partner data sources, research reports, surveys, etc. and able to lead integration into central repository
- Identify weakness of respective data sources and work with source owners to improve.
- Drives the technical production processes, infrastructure, monitoring and tools for project delivery.
- Assemble, cleanse and structure existing data sources for analytics purposes
Functional Competencies / Experience:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency with SQL based data query languages.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools strongly preferred (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS).
- A background in the application of data science techniques and tools is a plus.
- Passionate about improving the customer experience
- Must have a fundamental understanding of analytics and how to apply to business challenges.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills a must.
- Comfortable challenging conventional practices, processes and approaches and re-thinking metrics with a customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units and functions within complex organizations.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced, team oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; keeps leadership & broader team informed of key developments, risks and opportunities
Preferred Educational Level:
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, economics or finance
- MA/MS/MBA preferred
IMPORTANT: Our clients are looking for long-term support needs. This can come in the form of direct client hire, contract to hire or long-term contract. Therefore, our candidates need to be open to working for NorthStar as full time employees first and foremost, open to supporting our client’s needs, and open to all of the aforementioned possibilities.
*We are not able to sponsor or transfer sponsorships at this time or cover any relocation costs.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screens are required for this position.